Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Praises, Party and Prayers

My blessings are more than I can count. Have you ever truly tried to count all the blessings that have been poured down upon you? I tried.... it was impossible! This month has been no different. In the midst of all the craziness our amazing family brings, God, once again blew me away.

On March 5th, I had to bring Malachi in to repeat the sweat test that would either confirm or rule out cystic fibrosis. Not only did the test go smoothly... no burns or blisters, no crying and lots of sweating...  but I found that my stress level going into that day wasn't nearly what I expected it to be. I believe, a result of prayer... from all of you! Thank you.

That same day, two years ago, I gave birth to our amazing little firecracker - Olivia. Two?! Where have these last two years gone? She has grown into such a little "lady".  Our days are filled with lots of "tubby's", Elmo, dancing, reading, pouring water into any and all things found, HUGE smiles, running to the potty a gazzilion times (she is now 1/2 way potty trained) and many many hugs and kisses. My colicky little baby has turned into a cuddle bug (Thank you Jesus!) that I hold dear to my heart.






Not only did Livi turn two on March 5th and Cai get re-tested. We got the call we were so uncertain we would get. Cai does NOT have CF. NOT! They were words I had somehow not expected to hear. God had totally prepared my heart for him to be diagnosed as positive. To accept that if that was how God was going to get glory... it would be okay. Needless to say, I was ecstatic! God was choosing to receive glory in my son being diagnosed as negative to this disease. This day... March 5th... amazing!

As I have continued to consciously be mindful of the blessings I have been given each day, here are some of my favorite.... forgiveness, hot water, beautiful smiles, soft warm blankets, my husband and children, toothpaste, mirrors, flip-flops, fuzzy pants, warm pajamas, blow-dryers, my sight, my hearing and my ability to be mobile, my friends, my family, and most of all - God's continues grace in my life.



Tomorrow, Malachi undergoes another surgical procedure. He is receiving a bronchial scope. We are praying that God will allow us to have an answer to Cai's months of struggles. If it's a structural concern, a different more intensive surgery will be needed. If he finds nothing, well, we ask the "what now" question once again. Either way, my prayer is that God will use me, that He will mold me into a woman, mother, friend, daughter, wife that is more like Him. That He will give me the strength to press forward, trusting that He will lead and that in His leading we will somehow glorify Him.

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes, in the midst of uncertainty, being thankful takes intentionality. We have so much to be thankful for... always.  I am so th...