Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome to our Family blog! 


 I figured that after 16 years of marriage and 5 kids later that a blog was something I should consider. I find it really hard to re-tell all the events that might occur, on any given day, to one person - namely my husband - more less the many friends and family who might want to know. Sooooo, here it is! A place where you all can take a peek into our crazy household and see each weeks events as they unfold.  I will do my best to post at least once a week and if I get crazy I might post more... 


For this week, I thought I might start out by simply sharing about what each of my kids are doing in life... Since I have 5, it might take a bit, so hold onto your hats... here it goes...


Nicolas - He likes to go by "Nic" is now 13 (almost 14) and is taller that both Dave and I. He is 6'2", wears a size 13.5 shoe and eats us out of every good thing in the house. He plays the Bari-sax, loves video games, movies, computers - okay, just about anything that might have a screen attached to it. He loves to ride his bike to Kum and Go and grab the most nutritious drink in town - "Green Machine" - and sometimes surprises me by bringing me a much needed Diet Dew or Pepsi... he becomes my favorite kid for just a few seconds when he does that.  Nic loves to attend Youth Group, hanging out with his friends, listening to his music - LOUD- and hanging out with his baby sister. Did I mention that he is an AMAZING babysitter... especially when it comes to watching his baby sister who simply adores him. 
I am told that, in the state of Iowa, one is allowed to get their learners permit at the age of 14. 14???!!!!!  Guess who is making sure I am reminded of that on just about a daily basis?


Kaelyn - She normally goes by "K" but still loves to go by "Kaelyn" too. She turned 12 in August and still continues to lag a bit in the height department.... something she has come to take a little pride in... being a bit short. Kaelyn loves to read, hang out with friends, take really long baths, keep her room clean, bake and shop... when Mommy has time to take her and is an extremely talented writer. She will often take a leap of faith by using her writing assignments as a way to share her heart and her love for Jesus with both her teacher and her classmates. I often wish I would have had the same courage as she does when I was her  age. She loves to dace to music with her sister Anna and watch sad movies. She loves to sit and play with her baby sister but also loves to give her back! Lol. Kaelyn plays trumpet and  is in both advanced math (algebra) and english and was asked to join the 7th grade Jazz band. She starred in her first play this year and looks forward to maybe getting more involved in drama next year. 


Okay, so that is 2 out of 5 kids.... Since my kido's are just getting home from school, I will need to finish the other 3 later today or later this week! 


I am excited to share with you all the events of our family as they unfold!











1 comment:

  1. This is great! It makes me miss you guys like crazy though! I am so proud of Nic and Kaelyn. What great kids! Can't wait to hear how the others are. Hugs and love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes, in the midst of uncertainty, being thankful takes intentionality. We have so much to be thankful for... always.  I am so th...